Is There An Alternative to Dentures? CascadesONE
Patients have been asking for an alternative to dentures for years! Mostly because they don’t want to deal with common denture problems like difficulty chewing or speaking.
Similarly, dentists have been researching an alternative to dentures for years, but the reasoning is different. It’s mostly because dentures are “bad.” Keep reading to find out why.
But finally, there is an alternative to dentures! What is it?
With the CascadesONE Hybrid Implant System, you can restore a full arch of teeth in as little as ONE day.
Seem too good to be true? Let’s find out!
In this blog, our dentist, Dr. Shreyesh Ruparelia, will explain:
- Common problems with traditional dentures
- The biggest flaw with false teeth
- Why “Teeth in a Day” is the best alternative to dentures
Common denture problems
Dentures were at one point in time the latest and greatest option for “replacing” a full set of teeth. But the truth is, dentures don’t actually replace your natural teeth. They give the illusional of natural teeth.
What does that mean for you?
Denture wearers often experience the following common denture problems:
- Difficulty eating (chewing, food getting stuck, unstable surface, etc.)
- Slurred speech and embarrassing clicks, whistling or smacking
- Dentures that slip when you smile, laugh, cough, etc.
- Pain and sores due to ill-fitting dentures
- Gum and mouth irritation
- Keeping them clean
- Mouth infections
- Ongoing costs (replacements, adjustments, etc.)
- A short lifespan (dentures typically only last five to eight years)
But there’s one more problem you may not be aware of…
The biggest flaw with false teeth
One of the biggest problems with dentures is bone loss.
Dentures accelerate bone loss in your jaw and facial structure. Why?
Dentures do not replace your natural teeth (more specifically, your teeth’s roots).
To preserve jawbone, it needs stimulation to maintain blood supply and bone volume. Since dentures only sit on your gums, they do provide the stimulation like a tooth root or dental implant does.
Without that stimulation, your jawbone begins to shrink day-by-day.
There is a 30% decrease in width and a 4mm decrease in height of the jawbone during the FIRST YEAR after the initial extractions for dentures. In 2-3 years, 40-60% of the jawbone is lost. – Opens new tab to official websiteNational Center for Biotechnology Information
For the first decade or so, you may not notice signs or symptoms of this bone loss. But soon, you may experience something call facial collapse, which includes:
- A sunken-in facial appearance (making you look older than you are)
- Dentures that become almost impossible to wear
- Increased pain or discomfort while chewing
- Ability to only eat soft, less nutritious foods
- Risk of jaw fracturing
The good news is:
This can all be avoided with our alternative to dentures.
However, you need to act quickly. The sooner you replace your dentures or replace your missing teeth with CascadesONE, the better.
Alternative to dentures: CascadesONE
Whether you have one or multiple missing teeth, our dentist in Burke, VA, believes in using the #1 recommended missing tooth replacement option. What is it?
Answer: Dental implants!
Why? A dental implant consists of a small titanium post placed within your jawbone that mimics your tooth’s root. This post then stimulates your jawbone to maintain blood supply and volume.
With our alternative to dentures, Dr. Ruparelia will use four to six dental implants to support a full arch of teeth.
Watch this short clip to see how it’s possible:
The benefits of using dental implants to replace your dentures or missing teeth include:
- Restored proper chewing and bite function
- Improved ability to speak clearly
- A secured smile that won’t slip or make weird noises
- No more worrying about potential embarrassing moments
- Avoided bone loss
- A supported face that won’t “sink in”
- Longevity with proper care
And don’t just take our word for it, listen to one of Dr. Ruparelia’s patients describe his experience:
Learn more about our alternative to dentures
If you currently have dentures, are thinking about dentures, or have multiple missing teeth, then we highly encourage you to explore CascadesONE.
Not only will you avoid the biggest flaw with dentures (aka bone loss), but you will also enjoy a better life knowing your smile is secure, free from common denture problems, and (best of all) looks good!
Or contact us today to schedule your CascadesONE consultation and find out if this is your best option:
Editor’s note: This post was originally published in August 2016 and has been completely revamped for comprehensiveness and timeliness.